Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Year of Change

It's funny how a year changes everything.
I remember being at this show. Watching this band named Bridge play some covers, some originals and have a lot of fun while doing it. I remember seeing that guy...

The one in the grey t-shirt, and ripped jeans (which he didn't live down for wearing the whole night). I remember at the end of his set shaking his hand and saying, "nice to meet you" and him telling me everyone was headed to Johnsons, "see you there?" he asked.

It's kinda funny to look at these photos and know I was moments away from meeting the Dragon. Moments away from falling head over heels.
A lot has happened this past year. I made the 1600 mile trip back to Chicago, moved home, fell in love, met new people, got a new job, and another new job and another new job. I did a lot of new things (more on that soon), stepped out of the box and grew up quite a bit. Now, I've landed in a good place.
Who would have thought, I'd like to say it all started with this moment:



That's the Dragon, a year ago when I met him in a park.
I guess change isn't all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment